News From the Front

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Freedom Clinic










This is a photo of myself at one of CFI's Freedom Clinic inside Burma. I and few others brought in needed food and supplies. While I was there, I meet a family staying at the clinic who had traveled two days to get there. The man had lost his wife on the way. He and his two daughters were sick with marleria. I believe his wife died of the same on the way. There were many other patients there as well, and many waiting to get in.

The clinic is surprisely well equipped. It is powered by a generator fueled by solar power. I was told they can treat almost anything, outside of an organ transplant. Bullet and landmine injuries are common. Marleria and other jungle diseases are most prevalent. But more is needed.


No comments:

Map of Burma

Map of Burma